The Original Texas Tourist Guide - Since 1997 with over 60
Categories of Tourist Information. Celebrating
Categories of Tourist Information. Celebrating Great Years!
Home of the founder of Gruene,Texas.
Gruene, pronounced like the color "Green", has been designated a Historic Town by the State of Texas, but is actually an Historic District in the city of New Braunfels.
Henry D. Gruene, the town's founder, originally bought land for a cotton farm in 1872 with his father and brothers. He built his first home in 1872 and it still stands proudly with its Victoria galleries today as the Gruene Mansion Inn. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a designated Texas Historic Landmark.
Behind the arch, there are numerous outbuildings that were part of the Gruene Mansion. These buildings were elegantly remodeled and are part of the Gruene Mansion Inn.
Gruene Mercantile Store
The first mercantile store was built by H.D. Gruene in 1878 to serve the local cotton farmers and travelers who passed through the area. Later, the store was moved across the street in the Gruene Antique Store building.
Visitors from far and near, love the town of Gruene so much that they keep coming back every chance they get. No matter what your desires are, you are only moments away from shopping, eating, wine tasting, tubing, dancing, and lodging in just about any direction.
From Historic Gruene, Austin is 40 miles to the north, San Antonio is 25 miles to the south, and Houston is 160 miles to the east. New Braunfels and Canyon Lake are only minutes away.
Gruene Hall, a bar and dance hall, was built in the 1880s and soon became the social center for the community. It still stands at the end of Hunter Road and the intersection of Gruene Road. It is oldest dance hall in Texas and many country-singing stars and legends have performed there over the years. Willie Nelson, George Strait, Jerry Jeff Walker, Lyle Lovett are some of the well-known singers. A complete list of the singers is displayed inside the hall.
Guadalupe River Tubing
Tubing on the Guadalupe River near New Braunfels in Canyon Lake, Texas, on the famous "Horseshoe Loop". SHORT and LONG floats, (New Braunfels River Rules do not apply). Parking and one shuttle included with tube rental (Website Coupons), lodging and camping nearby. 830-964-3011 Open Daily.
on the Guadalupe River
Cabin Rentals, Vacation Rentals and RV Park located on the Guadalupe River 4 miles from Canyon Lake and a short drive to New Braunfels, TX. This scenic Texas Hill Country Resort provides the perfect vacation destination to enjoy Guadalupe River tubing, mini-golf, pools, hot tubs, playgrounds, sand volleyball and resort amenities. Also a perfect Canyon Lake venue and event space for weddings, family reunions, and corporate events.
Enjoy a romantic getaway for two. This secluded cedar log cabin overlooks a pond into beautiful Texas sunsets. You will have the cabin with a gated entrance all to yourself. Close to Potters Creek Park on Canyon Lake.
Tourist Attractions in the Area:
- Natural Bridge Caverns New Braunfels
Texas' largest caverns. Located west of New Braunfels, Texas.
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch New Braunfels
Take a safari drive thru Texas style. Located west of New Braunfels, Texas.
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort New Braunfels
America's most favorite Waterpark resort.
- Canyon Lake
Canyon Lake is a popular lake to the north of Gruene for boating and other water related recreational activities.
- Touring Texas
This web site provides tourist information for the state of Texas with links to over 100 cities and towns throughout Texas.
- Wonder World Park - San Marcos, Texas
The most visited cave in Texas.
- Seaworld Adventure Park - San Antonio
Amusement rides, water rides and fun, shows with dolphins, whales and sea lions, and much more.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas - San Antonio
Six Flags Fiesta Texas is sure to be a crowd-pleaser with a full line-up of rides, shows, and family-fun entertainment.
- San Marcos
San Marcos has some of the largest outlet malls in the country.
Things to do in Gruene, Texas:
Visit Historic Gruene Market Days the third weekend of every month from February to November and experience the charm of the historic community of Gruene.
Shop among 100 gifted handcrafted artisans and craftsman, sculpture, furniture, pottery, spices and much more. All of their vendors are strictly juried and sell only the finest handmade products and art in Texas.
Enjoy the Town Lighting and visit with Cowboy Kringle during our special Christmas Markets held the 1st weekend of December every year.
- Take a walking tour of historic Gruene. There are historic markers throughout the town.
- Shop the day away in the antique and specialty stores.
- Enjoy nature watching and photography at its finest. Bring plenty of film.
- Dine at the river front or downtown restaurants.
- The Guadalupe River offers perfect tubing, rafting, swimming, wading, and sunbathing.
- Dance the night away and let your hair down at the Gruene Hall.
- Stay in some of finest historical inns in Texas.
- Visit New Braunfels, only about 3 miles away.
- Go boating and fishing at Canyon Lake with its 80 miles of scenic shoreline, only 30 minutes away.
- Call Falcon Insurance in San Antonio today for a Free Quote
- Call Cochran Orthodontics in San Antonio, for a beautiful Smile
- Internet Marketing, SEO and Website Design in San Antonio
- Water Filtration Systems
- Tree Trimming in San Antonio
- Wastewater Aeration Equipment | Floating Surface Aerators
- Jenkins Pest Control New Braunfels
- Your Outdoor Lighting Contractor for the Texas Hill Country
- Commercial Locksmith - Access Control San Antonio Tx
- Your reliable Plumber in San Antonio
- Personal Injury Lawyers Texas
For information on this Website
Copyright © Highland Lakes Web Pages, LLC